Notice: We are aware that many of the Chewiki’s images are still broken. We promise: we will try our best to fix it, but we don't guarantee that the fix will be trivial.
A furry is an anthropomorphic (humanoid) animal character. "Furry" can also refer to fans of such characters, who are members of the furry fandom. Despite being called furries, a furry does not necessarily have to have fur. A furry can be any kind of animal, as long as it has humanoid attributes. For instance, an anthropomorphic reptile is referred to as a scaly.
Furries As Anthro Characters
Furries originally started out as fictional characters in cartoons, comics, and Egyptian mythology. A furry is an animal character that walks on two legs, talks, and is basically just a human with funky ears, a tail, and overgrown body hair. Ironically, some of these "furries" don't even have fur. Go figure.
- Dr. Rabbit
- Every character in Star Fox, Samurai Pizza Cats, and the Sonic the Hedgehog series (aside from Robotnik and Dr. Eggman's families, plus other incidentals.), as well as the movie Robin Hood.
- Bowser and his children.
- King Dedede (Maybe...)
- Darkwing Duck
- Donald Duck
- Mickey Mouse
- Actually, it's an in-proportionate ammount of Disney characters.
- The Cheetahmen (from Action 52)
- Sabrina Skunk
- the skyfoogle
Furries As A Fandom
Members of the Furry Fandom can have varying ammounts of interest in Furry characters. Some merely like to watch cartoons starring anthro characters, others create furry art, and still others go to the extremes of going to conventions and wearing fursuits.
YouChew Users Who Are Furries
Yes, they do exist. Deal with it.
- MASTERFURRYX (Obviously.)
- CommanderGwonam (Maybe...)
- Ethan (Also known as EATAN/AnitEthan/TheEthJ)
- Ophios (Featherie)
- DoomZappo (Leafie)
- WOLFIE THE FOX
- Yenehckcid (Fursuiter)
- punk080808 (aka Chimæra)
- YTPnews1/MustangSally72 (Maybe...after all, he has plenty of skunks in his life.)
- app129alt (self-hating furry)
- Yoshit/SirSnivyofNottingham (Technically a scalie, a Royal/Ball Python specifically.)
- Crazy Luigi (Even though he insists otherwise.)
- Probo (somewhat picky with furry tastes, but has a Cinccino sona and is a big Isabelle fangirl)
- Wileyk209zback (Proud of it.)
- Smbmaster9 (He only likes certain furry stuff, such as the art, stories/fan-fics, and the creativity though. He will not hesitate to let you know Lucario's hips are sexy and Braixen has both hips AND thighs that don't lie)
- Gabrielpika (only as a sylveon but its makes him blush when he looks at furrys)
- fiv95 (ayyyyy)
- JackTron7000 (victim of furry jihad)
- TeeheeSamson (besides Krystal)
- NinjaCoachZ (besides Amy Rose)
- HMTcomp (They're always hiding something suspicious.)
- Chibicyndaquil (because according to her, it is unhuman)
- Dark Fox (who would've thought...)
- Furries, like many other things, have their own conventions, the largest being Anthrocon in Pittsburgh.
- Claude Frollo believes that God made furries so much stronger than a (normal) man.
- Furries ended up stealing the 100,000,000th post on 4chan that was originally set for mother Britain.
- According to various users, the majority of Youchew's population is furry. Hence the phrase "Entire Youchew is furries."
- Some people believe that anti-furry people are "juaous because they think furries are a No.", whatever that means.
- Furries. One of the most
- Anthony Padilla sits down with furries