Klonoa is a 2.5D platforming series that stars a furry creature(we don't know what he is) named Klonoa,who wears a blue hat with Pac-Man on it. His goal is to save many dimentions from nightmares. The character was redesigned in 2001 to look(unintentionally) more like a Sonic fan character, causing confusion for people who are not diehard Namco fans. The series may look cutesy on the outside but has very dark themes, and is more suited for furries, nerds and fans of LittleBigPlanet.
- Release date:1997
- Country of Origin:Japan
- Source Type:Video Game
- Klonoa:The 12-year-old star of this series. He likes Hamburgers,and carries a ring that can shoot a green gust of wind.
- Huepow/Hewpoe:Klonoa's best friend,who was never seen after the first game.
- Joka:a clown with a passion for screwing things up. Tried to end it all.
- Guntz/Gantz:a 16-to-18-year-old wolf with many guns. He owns a Ride Chaser(as a Mega Man fan would call it,being a hoverbike) and he was nicknamed the Golden Killer.
- Janga:a cat with poison claws that killed Guntz's parents.
- Lolo:Klonoa's love interest in the second game. She also appears in Namco High.
Games in the Franchise (So Far)
- Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (PS1, 1997 - Remade for the Wii in 2009)
- Klonoa 2: Lunetea's Veil (PS1, 2001)
- Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (Game Boy Advance, 2001)
- Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament, 2002, 2005 for outside Japan)
- Klonoa: Beach Volleyball (PS1, 2002)
- Klonoa Heroes (GBA, 2002)
Klonoa 3: Dream Traveler of Noctis Sol
First used by
Often Used By
Sometimes Used By
- the Japanese.
- Namco themselves,due to the recent treatment of the series.
- People Who Dislike Platformers,Namco,and/or the PlayStation/Wii/GBA.
- this series was ACTUALLY inspired by Mario Bros.
- There's a dark,depressing storyline,because Namco wanted it to be like the other PlayStation games at the time. *COUGH*finalfantasy7*COUGH*
- No new games have been made since 2009,leaving the series unfinished--a fate shared by Mega Man Legends.
- Klonoa appears in the "Pooper on hiatus" bar!