LaVie CestLol (Life, it's lol in French, pronounced lavi selɔl), also known as SuperWoodBoy, J, Jean, LaVie, or the French Anthony Fantano, is a Youtube Pooper who began doing his schtick in February 2014. Some of them are in French. Others have no dialog. Some of them are funny. Most of them aren't.
LaVie CestLol began to watch typically French sentence-mixing-heavy YTPs around 2009, mostly for the laughs. He then stopped watching YTPs regularly for a while, until 2013, when he saw JeFaisChierLesGens and Manfob22's YTP Tennis Match. He then realized that YTP can be a whole lot more than just funny harmless videos, but can also reveal something that has more meaning to it.
He then began to take interest in YTP in a whole new level, especially after meeting the pooper Pipoupipoulol in real life in the end of 2013. After discovering videos of the likes of Sid1325, laromande, and then CorruptionSound, MycroProcessor or GameBop, he decided to jump out and began to make YTP as well. His first YTP was published on February the 2nd, 2014. If at first, they were mostly for laughs, he took quickly interest in more abstract, humorless styles, eventually mixing tones to create some meaning around it.
Doing his videos, he met the glorious people behind the videos he watched at that time (Kontchalowski, laromande, Sid, LotusEaterMachine, and many more), and, willing to meet even more poop creators, signed up to YouChew on April the 21st, 2014, following laromande's advice, who told him to go there to inform people about the first YTP Collab he was hosting : the MUSICOLLAB (which was a successful idea).
Beginning tennis matches under laromande's wing with the IRL TENNIS (his best memory as a pooper, but also as a videomaker, which consists of only using 100% original material from both tenissers), he now moves around matches of different sorts, styles and themes ; some more abstract and serious, some more for the laughs or for the fun of it. He also participates in various collabs and things, always looking for new experiences and people to work with. He's also planning to direct a documentary around Youtube Poop and its creators, to emphasize the more artistic and human aspect of it, since he hates to see YTP in general just be reduced to some kind of mindless internet meme.
He also won the Multi-Way Tournament, after being one of the few replacements which occured on set 4, making him to have a sort-of reputation among the tennis community, kind of, i don't know. He recieved praise from different people in different ways, though his style has sometimes been seen as repetitive and predictable (he has a few "tricks" people can get bored with). Tennissing is now his main activity as a YTPer, as well as a series called Interludes that are more introspective, musical stuff he does at different points of his life. He's now trying to vary the style of his tennis matches, between joke-based matches, abstract technicity and more personal experiences (the thing he likes the most). And if it's possible to mix everything, then it's even better. Apparently, he's also trying his hand at YTPMVs, incorporating them in his rounds or doing one-off videos.
- Glitch/Databending stuff
- Abstract stuff
- Psychedelic stuff
- Slow stuff
- Neurasthenic stuff
- Erratic stuff
- Depressing stuff
- Chaotic stuff
- Ambient Erosion-y stuff
- Surrealistic stuff
- Meta stuff
- Stuff stuff
- Personal Footage
- Music Videos
- Anime (Nichijou in particular)
- Music Performances
- Purely random stuff
Poopers and MVers he likes
- All of the above
- GabrielCol595 (MWTT Set 5 4eva)
- Soucisse Verte
- Many more ...
Entourage (a.k.a. people he likes to talk to on a sort-of regular basis)
- Soucisse Verte
- Gab =D
- Pop jtm bb
- laro sava
- IT'S TAT2014!!!!
- Soucisse Verte c:
- Computoarz heyyo
- Mrdavidatify ayyyyy
- ravinrabbid123 <3
- Biodegradable \m/
- Dark Fox (you call this swill "tea"?)
- Cyberplayer1337 you shall not pass
- Leah i am a wizerd
- clocks and cushions and tables and things like that
Feel free to add yourself here if you like LaVie's Stuff.
- Video Art in general
- People who are genuinely nice (and he met a lot of these when he began YTP)
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor
- Talking with his fellow friends on Skype/Discord/Whatsapp/Whatever
- Weird experiences
- Slice of life animes
- Nano Shinonome and Suika Ibuki
- Going on long trips by car
- Suffering of his friends
- The general mindset of France these days, as in : you have to be a violent moronic yeller to have some kind of credibility, and if you try to think and to take things calmly, you're a sheep.
- Making fun of and discretiding one person just for the hell of it and then saying that this person has "no sense of humor" for being hurt by said mockery.
- His roster is here, on his profile, always up to date.
- He also has another Youtube Channel where he stole The Needle Drop's concept and did it in French : LesVideocritiquesDeJ
- He does loads of music that you can find here :
- His personal bandcamp, home of Gregory Arkadin, an old ambient/drone/noise project,
- Ascèse Records, where he did music as Michel Thor, Placoplâtre and is part of the band Hystérie,
- The Sublime Freak, a noise/rock/shoegaze band he had that is in stand-by
- a weird lo-fi multi-genre session with laromande and LotusEaterMachine
- a tribute to the most influential songs of all time as Ongle Incarné with laromande and Sid
- He used to have two radio shows that nobody listened to.
- He likes to do his self-promotion.
- He likes to list things.
- He likes to talk about what he likes.
- He is ENFP-T on that personality test thingy.
- He has made his duty of meeting his most close YTP-related friends IRL sooner or later. He already did with a few (most notably laromande, Sid, ravinrabbid123 and Biodegradable).
His icon is an inverted JonTron (cool).Actually no, but that's what many people think. Either ironically or not.
- He has worked as a video editor and a radio show host.
- He's a member of the Couir Club, a bunch of french dudes sort of related to YTP, YTPMV and such. Including ear-raper extraordinaire Soucisse Verte.