Baseball is a sport primarily played in the United States, Japan, Korea (both North and South), Taiwan, China, Mexico, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, and various other places. The object is to score as many runs as possible while at bat, and prevent the opposing players from gaining hits and runs when fielding.
In baseball, a hit is when a batter advances to a single base without being out. A double is when a batter advances 2 bases, and a triple is when a batter advances 3 bases. A home run is when a batter hits the ball over the outer wall in fair territory. This is worth 1 run if no runners are on base, or up to 4 depending on how many are on base.
People Who Play Baseball
Bowser Jr.Permanent ban, not unlike Pete Rose, though for different reasons.
- Dry Bones
- Koopa Troopa
- Sonic the Hedgehog (But he sucks.)
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Amy Rose
- Chris Thorndyke
- Speedy Cerviche
- Guido Anchovy
- Polly Esther
- Frank West
- Whacker Wilson
- Hulk Bryman
- Scout (Also uses his bats as weapons.)
- The Baseball Player trainer class in Pokemon Black and White (Obviously)
- Charlie Sheen (Played baseball in High School, and still loves Baseball.)
- George H. W. Bush (was the captain of the Yale baseball team)
- George W. Bush (his original dream was to be the commissioner of Major League Baseball).
- In a Deepercutt poop (and the sourced Sonic X episode, Unfair Ball), Dr. Eggman challenged Sonic and his friends to a game of baseball over some Chaos Emeralds.
- The world's 2 largest leagues are the United States' Major League Baseball and Japan's Nippon Professional Baseball.
- Baseball is thought to have evolved from Cricket, a similar sport from England.
- The world championship of baseball is the World Baseball Classic, which Japan has won every single time.
- Believe it or not, the winner of the inaugural Baseball World Cup, held in 1938, was actually the United Kingdom, which beat the United States 4 games to 1 in a 5 game series. Thus, making them the first world champion of baseball.
- While steroids might not help you hack, they will help you hit in baseball.
- However, they are against the rules in every league.
- In the Super Smash Bros. games, a baseball bat is an item in the game, which can be used to hit home runs (which 99% of the time will kill the opponent instantly).
- Strangely enough, both Ness and Lucas have personal bats for use of attacking. Unfortunately, they don't work as well as the Home Run Bat.
- Baseball can cause people to masturbate, like the lady above.
- In Pokemon Black and White, Baseball Players are now a trainer class, along with Football Players and Basketball Players.
- Nintendo of America actually own the rights to one of the MLB teams, as well as have dedicated a few video games to a certain retired player.
- The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It’s been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again.