Ash Ketchum (sometimes called Ass Ketchup) is the ten-year-old star of the anime, Pokémon. His goal in life is to one day become the so-called "Pokémon Master," and to do so he must capture every existing Pokémon on the planet. These efforts are futile; he will never become a master as he always (on purpose) ignores rare Pokémon waiting to be caught, and he continually releases his Pokémon to the wild just because he can. And it sure doesn't help when another hundred or so of the little bastards are released every few years.
Ash also has a rare disease which prevents him from ever reaching puberty. For nearly ten years since the start of the show, he has stayed the same exact age (Ten or eleven), but this disorder does not seem exclusive to him. However, as a result, Ash is doomed to wander the planet aimlessly until the end of time or until the show is finally canceled which right now seems like an impossibility.
- Pikachu (Especially when he is horny.)
- Misty (Except when arguing with her.)
- Punching Pikachu
- Stealing/destroying little girls bikes.
- Checking out yet another new Pokémon
- Gary Oak, his rival who
iswas more likely to become a Pokemon Master then he, and iswas better than him in almost every conceivable way possible. (This was proved wrong when Ash defeated him in battle back in the mystical and magical year of 2002.)
- Paul, his other rival who abused his Chimchar and continually beat him until they reached their Sinnoh League match.
- Trip, who called him a hillbilly and beat him with a level 5 Snivy.
- Team Rocket (Especially since he thinks that they have no lives at all.)
- Rifle scopes (They were the reason why Ash started punching Pikachu.)
- The other Ash from the Evil Dead series.
- Every form of Luigi but Mama Luigi.
- Nostalgia Critic
- Pokemon Fans
- M. Bison
- Ash Williams from the Evil Dead movies.
- Ash Crimson.
- GoGoRiki Characters
- Robotnik (The reason being his usage soared after XMHunter came on Youtube.)
- Shaymin (At first.)
- Arceus (Also at first.)
The following is a list of all the Pokémon Ash has ever owned (barring ones that are pre-evolutions). Even the ones he got rid of. (So much for being a Pokémon master, right?)
- Pikachu (Of course he would.)
- Tauros (30 of 'em to be precise.)
- LOS HAWLUCHA-DORES
- Ash is likely based off of "Red" from the first Pokemon games.
- Stole Misty's bike in the very first episode, which is one of two reasons why she follows him around constantly. You can use your imagination for the second reason.
- Earns many Gym badges by not actually beating the Gym Leader in a fair match, but instead gets them by cheating (case-in-point: in his battle against Brock, his Pikachu set-off the sprinkler system, which defeated Brock's Onyx) or by pumping his Pikachu full of steroids (see the battle against Brock again).
- Ash has a father who is only mentioned, never shown. Supposedly Professor Oak had an affair with Ash's mother. This may be the reason why we haven't heard from either of them for a few seasons.
- There was also a rumor that Giovanni was his father, for he too dated Ash's mom when she was a teenager. But this has been disproved by the fact that Giovanni's son is in fact the rival character from Pokémon Gold/Silver.
- Ash likes to beat off to Misty's Facebook pictures.
- He simply HAS to twist his hat around backward before throwing a Poké Ball at a Pokémon.
- In one episode he went by the fake name "Tom Ato".
- He loves Lucky Star, especially when being zapped by Pikachu.
- He thinks that Arbok evolves into Seviper, which is, of course, WRRRRRROOOONNNNNGGGG!!!!
- Once lost a Pokémon battle to Father Time from Histeria (Bulbasaur's Vine Whip was no match for Big Fat Baby's slobber attack).
- He thinks that if an older brother makes fun of you for shaving, you should use Charizard's flame-thrower attack.
- His theme songs steadily chronicle his realization of how he continually sabotages his chances of achieving his goal.
- Nothing can stop him Diamond and Pearl.
- In Japan, he is named Satoshi, after the creator of Pokémon, Satoshi Tajiri.
- He believes that Vikings live in Minnesota. That Ash is a confused fellow.
- Between himself and Charizard, they are incredibly rich, due to the trust funds between them, and the growth over time.
- Sadly, they were also held hostage by N and Cilan, who demanded ransom.