Robin was first discovered as a circus act by Batman. When his parents were murdered in a freak accident, Batman decided to have him as his legal guardian. Batman rigorously trained the boy, teaching him physical fighting and detective skills. During this time he came to love Batman as a second father. Together they investigated and collected the evidence needed to bring justice.
There have actually been several Robins in the series. Dick Grayson is the original, Jason Todd was the second (until he was killed by The Joker), Tim Drake was the third, and Damian Wayne is the most recent.
- Saying "Holy (insert something here)" to Batman.
- Beating the shit out of Deathstroke/Slade.
- Saying many one-liners.
- Being murdered by the Joker.
- When Batman cheats in Pokemon battles.
- Whinefeld (He claims it to be the scariest thing he's ever saw and he's fought psychotic villians, robot commandos, and giant oozing monsters.)
- The thought of heroes taking vacations.
- "Holy one-liners, Batman!"
- "The Law of Toyland!!"
- "Nobody beats nobody!"
- "NO NO THAT'S CHEATING!"
- "Who is Slade?"
- "I want a car!"
- "Chicks dig the car."
- "She's not my GIRLFRIEND!"
- "Titans! GO!"
- "We're heroes! We don't take vacations!"
- "Inspire me."
- Is a member of the Teen Titans.
- The first Robin would grow up into the hero Nightwing.
- There was also once a female version of Robin, believe it or not. Her name was Stephanie Brown, who used to be SPOILER the heroine Spoiler. When she assumed that third Robin, Tim Drake, was cheating on her, she decided to hang out with Batman in order to become the new Robin. However, she would be fired after disobeying his orders during two missions. She did try to become worthy of being the new Robin, but she unfortunately makes things go out of control and she eventually dies as a result. She did eventually become revived and as a result, she became the new Batgirl, but that's a story for another day.
- He once denied being Starfire's girlfriend. This meant that he denied being her friend at all! Luckily, things got better.