Squidward is a six-armed octopus who lives under the sea with his neighbors, Spongebob, Patrick, and Sidney Crosby, all of which he acts like an asshole towards. He has worked the full-time register at the Krusty Krab for over thirty
thousand years, despite hating everyone around him, and secretly grows marijuana in his basement. He also sports a variety of musical instruments, but prefers to excerise his sexual tendencies with them as opposed to actually play them.
Squidward is also a chronic diabetic, and a carrier of the Avian Flu. He was once a harborer of over fifteen STDs but survived by cutting his genitals off.
Squidward was born on July 31st, 1945 to siamese parents. From an early age, he showed a heavy interest in music and substance abuse. He spent days at a time dabbling in both of these hobbies, and created his first symphony at the age of six. Short on money, his parents often loaned him out to band directors and hairy fetishists.
In 1950, his father listed in the war and inevitably took his mother with him, and they both died in a Bombing. The then-orphaned Squidward set out on his own to see the world. Much to his chagrin, however, his parents wished to have themselves buried with all their money, and Squidward was left without a cent to his name. Consequently, he never left Bikini Bottom. In an attempt to get by, Squidward pawned off all of his possessions, liquidated his shares of uctions, and actually boarded with Nigel Thornberry for several years. Nigel was, at the time, filming an undersea expedition. Things went well for awhile, but starting getting patchy when Nigel began to harvest Squidward's internal organs while he slept.
In 1971, Squidward was hired off the street by Mr. Krabs, and became the first and only cashier of the then-fledgling Krusty Krab restaurant. The money began to roll in, and he was finally able to buy a home and concentrate on his sexual fetishes, as well as his clarinet, which to this day he is absolutely terrible at playing. He now lives in an Easter Island head, and still works at the Krusty Krab, despite never getting a single raise in the thirty-odd years he's worked there.
Recently, Mr. Krabs turned the restaurant into a hotel called the Krusty Towers, where Squidward was forced to work as a bellhop and reluctantly fulfill the demands of the guests. He eventually quit his job and then ironically vacationed there to make Mr. Krabs fulfill his ridiculous requests, such as making cookies like his mother. One day in October 2009, though, Squidward blew up the Krusty Towers simply by ringing the bell. And that was the end of the Musty Skyscrapers.
- His clarinet.
- Being all... alooooooone...
- Sexually pleasing himself with his clarinet.
- His own jokes.
- Expensive, stinky, imported cheese (especially bad Italian provolone).
- Canned bread
- Cumming for your pickle.
- Spongebob Squarepants
- Patrick Star
- Mr. Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Pearl Krabs
- His own job and life.
- The terrible man-eating clam in the backyard.
- When Patrick destroys his cheese.
- Having too many alones here.
- "Thank you, thank you."
- "I've finally found a place where I can be all.... aloooooooone."
- "Does this look unsure to you?"
- "What do I have to do, eat one out of the garbage?"
- "I just had to say garbage. But, OKAY!"
- "IT'S NOT MY BIRTHDAAAYYYY!!!"
- "Eh-ha, eh-ha, eh-ha."
- "No, Patrick, mayonnaise is not an instrument."
- "Horseradish isn't an instrument either!"
- "AAH! THAT WOULD BE MY BAND!"
- "OH NO, HE'S HOT!"
- "Barnacle head."
- "Future... future... future..."
- "They couldn't tell an oboe from an elbow! Heh-heh. ELBOW."
- "Yes, SpongeBob, I have finished those errands."
- "Oh, my aching tentacles."
- "I'll give him 11 minutes."
- "Oh, look! It's me, SpongeBob, right here in the open!"
- "He's not in my thoughts."
- "DON'T YOU TWO HAVE ANY BRAINS!?!?"
- "I've come for your pickle..."
- "Steal your soul."
- "I wonder if a fall from this height would be enough to kill me."
- "FOUR WAY!"
- "Ahhh, the sweet smell of pay day!"
- "Why is it whenever I'm having fun, it's wrong?"
- "And WHY aren't you in uniform?"
- "This lemon has three seeds in it! THAT'S AN ODD NUMBER!!! I can't eat anything odd numbered!"
- "Is this where the line starts?"
- "That idea just might be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!!"
- "I think my heart just stopped."
- "In case you forgot, here's how things work: I order the food, you cook the food, and the customer gets the food. We do that, for forty years, and then we die."
- "Squidward... TORTELLINI!?"
- "Will I ever win?"
- "He made me provide excellent service!"
- "Hey, Frank."
- "Well, he's handsome, I'll give him that!"
- "Too bad that didn't kill me."
- "Don't they know I'm busy spoiling myself?"
- "Oh, puh-lease! I have no soul! *evil laugh*"
- "SHUT YOUR HALF-WIT PIEHOLES!"
- "HIS FAVORITE UNDERPANTS!"
- "I call it Bold and Brash!"
Squidward was more prevalent in YouTube Poop before Viacom started cracking down heavily on the unauthorized usage of Spongebob-related material. However, as aforementioned, he has attained meme status via the "Does this look unsure to you?" image as well as through the aptly-titled "Squidward" video on YouTube.
"SQUIDWARD" was also the name of a 10-second video created by ChristopherCooler in late 2008. It consists of a screencapture of Squidward making a silly face from the episode "Prehibernation Week", which then has a variety of visual effects applied. This started a fad, with many people making their own copycat videos. The original has since been removed from Youtube, but reuploaded by other users.
The music used in these videos is "Gentle Breeze", a track from the Nintendo DS game Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 composed by Shoji Meguro.