Halo is a game originally released for the Xbox developed by Bungie. It is noted for being the game that all true warriors strive for.
Why it's called Halo
Well that's an obvious one. Most of the game(s) takes place on a ringworld known as, big surprise, Halo. Need I go on?
- Master Chief - The main character of the game dressed in green "SPARTAN" armor. His mission in this game, like 75% of all other games, is to wipe out Earth's enemy: The Covenant and The Flood. His gun is nicknamed Jeff.
- Cortana - A digital naked women in Master Chief's helmet. Cortana is like the Navi of Halo, but more sassy, sarcastic, and naked therefore making her more like Tatl from Majora's Mask.
- The Covenant - Invaders...possibly from space!
- The Flood - A parasite...from space!
- The Arbiter - An alien...from space!
- The sequel, though makes only subtle references to, the Marathon series, also made by Bungie.
- Chad Warden refers to it as Gaylo.
- The voice actress for Cortana, Jen Taylor, also voices (or used to voice) Princess Peach from the Mario series, as well as Zoey from Left 4 Dead. No really, she did.
- David Scully, voice actor for Sergeant Johnson, also voiced in Left 4 Dead as a minor role, as well as Leon Powalski and Panther Coroso in Star Fox Assault.
- Robin Atkin Downes, voice actor for the Prophet of Regret (A.K.A., someone we don't give a shit about.), also voiced in the No More Heroes games as the main protagonist Travis Touchdown, as well as the Medic in Team Fortress 2.
- The Insane Clown Posse once did a special Internet party for playing Halo 3: ODST on October 30th, 2009 from 6-8 P.M. EST. I just wanted to throw that in here.
- The online community is primarily composed of little kids who love the sound of their high-pitched voice through a microphone. Then again, most games for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and even the PC that are first person shooters have that same problem. Still, you have been warned.