Thomas & Friends
Thomas and Friends is a multi-media franchise, originally created by the Reverend Wilbert Awdry. The series started as children's books called The Railway Series that were told to entertain Awdry's son Christopher when he had the measles. In the 1980s, the books were adapted into a television show that turned Thomas into the main character. The rest is history, inspiring some toys and even Nintendo video games. There was a movie in 2000 called Thomas and the Magic Railroad, which turned Thomas into a fantasy story for some reason.
Although Wilbert Awdry died in 1997, his son Christopher has taken over as the writer of the books, which live on to this day.
- TV Show, Movie, Video Game
- Made in the United Kingdom
With emphasis given to those seen in Youtube Poops
- Thomas the Tank Engine - The most popular and arguably lead character, he is painted blue and has the number 1 on his sides.
- Edward the Blue Engine - A wise blue engine with the number 2.
- Henry the Green Engine - An engine who's nearly always sick. #3.
- Gordon the Big Engine - An older engine who often acts as a leader. #4.
- James the Red Engine - A narcissistic, somewhat stuck-up engine that seems to be a red palette swap of Edward. #5.
- Percy the Small Engine - The new kid on the block, he's more naive and gets along well with Thomas. #6.
- Toby the Tram Engine - An older engine from an old railway, he was later taken under the fat controller's wing. #7.
- Duck the Great Western Engine - Real name Montague; he gets along well with Percy. #8.
- Donald and Douglas - Black, Scottish twins with unintelligible accents. #9 and #10, respectively.
- The Fat Controller - Known as Sir Topham Hatt in North America, he is the controller of the railway, as well as the owner before and after British Railways.
Plus a number of side characters, including the Skarloey railway consisting of narrow gauge engines, the Small Railway consisting of miniature engines and rolling stock, and the mountain engines.
First Used In A Poop By
Often Used By
Sometimes Used By
- People outside its target audience.
- Most of the series' early usage in YTP can be attributed to the YouTube channel RSGCMA having uploaded most of Seasons 1 to 7 onto the site in the late 2000s.
- Starting in Season 8, the series underwent a radical shift to a more juvenile tone and style - a change that makes the later seasons much less appealing to poopers.
- Starting with Season 13, the series has become fully animated in CGI. CGI era poops in particular on YouTube are especially rare.
- The series has a long history of attracting suprisingly elite narration talent. Narrators include Ringo Starr, George Carlin, Alec Baldwin, Micheal Angelis, Pierce Brosnan, Michael Brandon, and Mark Moraghan.
- There actually exist two seperate English dubs for the series, one meant for British audiences and one meant for American audiences. Ringo Starr, Pierce Brosnan and Mark Moraghan have worked on both, with Micheal Angelis having narrated exclusively for the UK dub and George Carlin, Alec Baldwin, and Michael Brandon narrating for the US dubs. The dubs themselves are very similar in content, usually only changing railway/railroad terminology for each territory.
Main Source For Poopers
ThomasHDClassics has uploaded the entirety of Seasons 1 to 8 to YouTube, with Seasons 9 through 12 coming soon.