Notice: We are aware that many of the Chewiki’s images are still broken. We promise: we will try our best to fix it, but we don't guarantee that the fix will be trivial.
From Chewiki Archive - YouChew: 1% Funny, 99% Hot Gas
This article is about a Media Source, which is remixed to create a YouTube Poop.
Initial D is an anime/manga following Takumi Fujiwara, a gas station attendant from Gunma, and son of tofu shop owner/former street racer Bunta Fujiwara, who makes tofu deliveries and street races with his father's Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno.
- TV Anime
- Originally a Manga
- Arcade game series by SEGA
- Shuichi Shigeno (author)
- Manga published by Kodansha
- Anime produced by Studio Comet and Studio Gallop
- Dubbed twice in English, by both TokyoPop and Funimation.
Country of Origin
- 1995 (Manga)
- 1998 (Anime)
Fujiwara Tofu Shop
- Takumi Fujiwara- The main character. Drives a 1983 Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86.
- Bunta Fujiwara- Father of Takumi, a former street racing legend, and owner of the Fujiwara Tofu Shop. Later drives a Subaru Impreza WRX STI GC8.
- Itsuki Takeuchi- Takumi's best friend, and member of the Akina SpeedStars. Drives a Toyota Corolla Levin AE85.
- Koichiro Iketani- Member of the SpeedStars. Drives a Nissan Silvia S13.
- Kenji- Drives a Nissan 180SX RPS-13.
Akagi Red Suns
- Keisuke Takahashi- Member of the Akagi Red Suns, and Takumi's first opponent in the series. Drives a Mazda RX-7 FD3S.
- Ryosuke Takahashi- The "White Comet of Akagi", brother of Keisuke, and later founder of Project D. Drives a Mazda RX-7 FC3S.
Myogi Night Kids
- Takeshi Nakazato- Takumi's 2nd opponent in the series, who prefers gripping to drifting. Drives a Nissan Skyline GT-R R32.
- Shingo Shogi- Challenges Takumi to a "gum tape deathmatch", where one hand is tied to the wheel, and infamous for bumping and causing others to crash. Drives a Honda Civic SiR EG6.
- Yuichi Tachibana- Manager of the gasoline stand that Takumi and Itsuki work at, and friend of Bunta.
Used in Poop By
Main Source for Poopers
- Prominently features Eurobeat music in its soundtrack, most notably Running in the '90s.
- Caused prices for the AE86 generation Toyota Corolla to skyrocket, especially the "Trueno" version (which has pop-up headlamps).
- Might have also contributed to Toyota releasing the GT86
- The Japanese voice actor for Takeshi Nakazato, Nobuyuki Hiyama, also voiced adult Link in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on Nintendo 64, as well as in Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee.