From Chewiki Archive - YouChew: 1% Funny, 99% Hot Gas
Error creating thumbnail: File missing
- Originally released in Japan as "Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters," Yu-Gi-Oh! is a show about duelist Yugi Muto and a group of friends who compete in Duel Monsters card battles, which is basically hells version of crazy eights. As the series progresses, Yugi and his friends learn about the game's roots in ancient Egypt as a way of sealing powerful monsters, as well as of the origin of the Millennium Items. Spawned two spin-offs in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5-D's. Dubbed into English by 4Kids Entertainment.
- Anime/Cartoon series
- Studio Gallop and Nihon Ad Systems
Country of Origin
- JP: April 18, 2000
- US: September 29, 2001
With emphasis given to those seen in Youtube Poops
- Yugi Muto
- Yami Yugi/Atem
- Tea Gardner/Anzu
- Joseph Wheeler/Katsuya Jonouchi
- Duke Devlin/Ryuji Otogi
- Seto Kaiba
- Maximillion Pegasus/Pegasus J. Crawford
- Bandit Keith
- Yami Bakura
- Yami Marik
- 224 episodes total with a few different sequel shows as well.
First Used in a Poop by
Often Used by
Sometimes Used by
- Ninja Coach Z (The Abridged Series, anyway. Strongly.)
- In Japanese, Yu-Gi-Oh (Yugio) means "King of Game"
- The series we all know and love is not really the first Yu-Gi-Oh anime; there are over twenty episodes, unavailable in English, that preceded this series, belonging instead to a series of their own. They chronicled the adventures of Yugi and friends before any mention of Duel Monsters.
- There's also this Internet series that's created by a former Youtuber named LittleKuriboh called Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series. Unfortunately, it ended up spawning a bunch of lame rip-offs and relies heavily on overused jokes.
- IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUEL.