Notice: We are aware that many of the Chewiki’s images are still broken. We promise: we will try our best to fix it, but we don't guarantee that the fix will be trivial.
PINGAS is a word trim from a line in the episode "Boogey-Mania" of the series Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, where Dr. Robotnik, voiced by Long John Baldry, accuses Scratch and Grounder of "Snooping as usual, I see". It is the opposite of Piness.
The quote was first discovered by Steg, who was originally intrigued by the scene for Scratch's goofy expression. She then noticed the phonetic similarities between "pingas" and "penis", leading to her using the line in her video ROBOTNIK HAS A VIAGRA OVERDOSE.
The line has become one of the most prominent Sonic-based memes. Its notability is such that the origins and popularity were covered by a 2020 article in New York Magazine, whose author even interviewed Steg as part of his research.
- Sucking Dr. Robotnik's pingas would end up getting you a promotion.
- Pingas is actually recognized by Google's search engine, as is "snooPING AS usual, I see".
- It is also a lake in the Canadian Rockies.
- It means "dicks" in Spanish. No really. It does.
- However, in the English spelling bee, it was defined as "My full name is Dr. Ivo Robotnik."
- Mike Pollock, the current voice of Dr. Eggman, once said a couple classic Robotnik lines including this one.