Garfield is a lazy, overweight, cynical, orange cat who lives with Jon Arbuckle. It is possible that he is but a figment of Jon's imagination, as they do not appear to directly interact with each other. Scientists are currently investigating the matter.
- Garfield was apparently born in an Italian restaurant back in 1978. (If so, then we can assume that the earliest strips take place in the future.) He has developed a love for lasagna ever since.
Hmmm...not really much of a history to tell for a cat who's hasn't changed much (other than his weight) for the past 30 years.
- MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Lasagna!!!
- Well, time for my late-afternoon/pre-dinner nap.
- The best computer is the one between your ears.
- Be responsible... Actions have consequences.
- Odie's dreaming of furries.
- It always ends with the furry raping the crap out of him.
- There's no such thing.
- We're bachelors, baby!
- Who gives presents to Santa
- Garfield longs to be rich.
- His favorite food is lasagna.
- But he loves just about anything. Except for spinach and raisins, of course.
- Hates Christmas but loves Halloween.
- He thinks the best computer is the one that used between your ears.
- He's a popular figure for teachers to use when it comes to posters.
- He created the famous quote "I hope you bring lots of spaghetti", which was later stolen by Luigi, replacing "you" with "she".