Electronic Arts is a video game company/evil empire considered by some to be soul-less, churning-out sequel after sequel. It was originally set-up by Trip Hawkins (Who later made the Panasonic 3DO.) to provide games for home computers, such as the Commodore 64 and the PC. They made games such as M.U.L.E., Skate Or Die!, and others. It wasn't until Trip bumped into John Madden that they started to develop the Madden series for the SNES and the Sega Genesis (As well as other consoles later on.). They provided quite decent games eventhough they had to resort to dodginess for coding by using reverse engineering (The developers Park Place, Polygames (Who later made Sonic Spinball.), and Tiertex all used it.), but it went all wrong when John Madden Football and FIFA kept selling when compared to their other games, such as Road Rash and the Strike series. Nowadays, EA mainly make the EA Sports lineup, Need for Speed, Battlefield, Burnout, The Sims, maybe Dead Space and Mass Effect, and really nothing much else.
- They own John Madden and the NFL license, which sucks.
- They bought a LOT of companies; Bullfrog (Theme Park/Hospital), Westwood (Command & Conquer), Pandemic (Destroy All Humans, Star Wars: Battlefront), Maxis and made them go bust by sports games. Maxis, however, got revived and is working on a new SimCity game.
- While many people consider them the worst developer due to overtime and rushing their games, they actually have better working practises than Tose even though in the past EA did use them to develop their games. Not to mention that some now consider Activision worse due to them whoring out series' and being the juggernaut with Call of Duty & World of Warcraft.
- Need for Speed was one of the best series EA had, just until they told Criterion (another company they own) they could make every Need for Speed title, resulting in almost no visual customization of vehicles (RIP Need for Speed Underground series)
- People also hate EA because of Origin, which is an unnecessary competitor with Steam that also monitors all your files, charging for downloadable content that should either be free or in their games already, essentially screwing over people who play the PC versions of Battlefield games, and the shoddy quality of BioWare's most recent games.
- They ruined Tecmo Bowl on the Virtual Console and the new Tecmo Super Bowl on the DS.
- Tecmo Bowl and Tecmo Super Bowl on the Famicom/NES are much better games than the Madden games.
- In 2012 AND 2013, EA won The Consumerist's Worst Company in America Award. This should tell you how bad they are, considering that usually Bank of America wins this.
Games Used In Poops
- Madden NFL 1995 (JOHN MADDEN)
- John Madden Football
- Road Rash II
- Dead Space