Notice: We are aware that many of the Chewiki’s images are still broken. We promise: we will try our best to fix it, but we don't guarantee that the fix will be trivial.
Camp Lazlo is an animated television series that used to air on Cartoon Network; it premiered in July 2005 and ended in March 2008. It's about a spider-monkey named Lazlo who goes to a camp called Camp Kidney with his friends Raj, an elephant, and Clam, a... rhino or something. This show was created by Joe Murray, the same creator of Rocko's Modern Life... yes, I know, it's hard to believe considering how mediocre this show was - well, okay, it wasn't that bad, but it was somewhat mediocre with it's somewhat flat characters and multiple similarities to SpongeBob SquarePants which make it seem like a rip-off - but despite this, it still had some decency and looks like a masterpiece compared to what's on Cartoon Network nowadays.
- Lazlo - An overly happy, enthusiastic, optimistic, cheerful, and affectionate spidermonkey who for some reason is orange and has a banana for a mouth. He is eccentric, free-spirited, and loves everyone and everything in the whole entire universe (yes, including Adolf Hitler) and doesn't dislike a single soul or thing, not even a person who murdered his whole, entire family and all of his friends and then puts a gun up to his head and calls him a bitch - did I mention that he would be happy and optimistic even in that situation? Hmmm... doesn't this kinda... REMIND YOU OF SOMEONE?!?!?
- Raj - An cowardly, nervous, neurotic, and anxious elephant who would piss himself just by getting tapped on the shoulder - at least before his character development settled in. He's also heavily addicted to drug--I mean marshmallows, which may be why he's fat.
- Clam - An albino, pygmy rhino who speaks about as much as this show doesn't steal something from SpongeBob SquarePants. Despite his goofiness and stupid-sounding voice, he is actually very intelligent and gifted, being amazing at puzzle-solving, painting (an exact replica of the Mona Lisa, to be exact), and can make utterly astonishing music with a bottle! Oh, yeah, and he also loves PANCAKES!!
- Scoutmaster Lumpus - The easily-irritated, yet manchildish, assholish, irresponsible, and selfish (albeit not the real one) scoutmaster of Camp Kidney who abuses the campers like an alcoholic father who just came home from the bar. He started out as a Squidward Tentacles-type of character who wanted nothing more than peace and quiet from Lazlo's SpongeBob-esque antics, but was later flanderized into a assholish, selfish, dim-witted, irresponsible, apathetic, and immature manchild whose manchildishness rivals that of Chris-Chan and the Nostalgia Critic. He likes chicken pot pie.
- Slinkman - A cardboard cut-out who is Scoutmaster Lumpus' bitch.... that's all there really is to say since he has no personality whatsoever.
- Edward Platypus - The camp bully who sounds like Sheldon J. Plankton if he were a con man; unlike the character he's ripped off from, Squidward Tentacles, he actually goes out of his way to torment and harass other campers rather than try his best to stay away from them - not to mention, he's much more mean and sadistic than Squidward is. He also has an ego bigger than Kanye West and Johnny Bravo combined.
- Samson - The show's Jimmy, as well as Raj's arch-nemesis.
- Patsy Smiles - A girl whom has a crush on Lazlo, although the writers can't decide whether they want her to be a nice person or an asshole; oh, and also, she barely has any personality as well.
- Anyone who was in Guitarocker100's Camp Lazlo collab
- Joe Murray, the creator of Rocko's Modern Life, is the creator of this show... yeah, I couldn't believe it either.
- Like The Loud House, this show has stolen several production music from SpongeBob SquarePants, as well as the personalities of their characters, which isn't saying much as some of them are weak.
- It premiered the same day as the superior Catscratch from Nickelodeon - which also featured a trio consisting of an overconfident leader, a guy with a foreign accent, and a goofball, as well as a somewhat similar art-style - unfortunately, Catscratch didn't last as long as it's inferior twin brother.